Fostering Community development
- We assist and fund various NGOs who are dedicated to community development projects in villages around our hotels, through our Fondation Espoir Developpement (FED).
- We empower Mauritian craftsmanship through our Beautiful LocalHands organisation.
- We promote employability of some 300 youths from vulnerable backgrounds in our hotels every year through our Youth Employability Project (PEJ) and some 3 500 young people have benefitted from this programme since its launch in 2001.
- We partner with the Ministry of Youth and Sports to help expand the Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, a youth-focused programme in Mauritius.
- We maximize local employment with majority of our Artisans living within a 10km radius of our hotels.
- We organise awareness sessions to main stakeholders working within our premises, including Beach hawkers and Taxi drivers.
- We work towards the inclusion of small local producers in our food production process.