Assistant Maintenance Manager
Pulished date : 17 June 2021
Closing date : 15 July 2021
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager or any delegated person, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting in the general maintenance of the hotel.
Main duties & responsibilities:
• Effectively plan, coordinate, schedule and communicate with other departments’ daily maintenance works;
• Establish procedures and monitor all preventative maintenance;
• Monitor daily consumption of utilities;
• Supervise all types of repair and maintenance work within the Hotel premises and follow up on status of repairs;
• Ensure that maintenance works are carried out in accordance with health and safety regulations and that Fire, Life and Safety equipment are properly maintained;
• Implement and carry out maintenance programs in accordance with established timeframes;
• Document regular inspections of plant and equipment;
• Ensure that appropriate files are maintained and resources are kept for future reference;
• Verify daily reports outlining work undertaken for the day;
• Assist superior in preparing annual budget and controlling expenditure accordingly;
• Explore and incorporate environmentally friendly initiatives;
• Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments;
• Provide assistance and mentoring through regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team’s performance;
• Perform as Duty Manager according to the scheduled roster and represent the Maintenance Manager in meetings when required;
• Perform other duties and assignments as directed by Management
• Assist and manage any subcontractors on site.
Qualifications & Profile
- 5 years’ experience at managerial level in the hotel industry particularly in the Maintenance Department.
- Degree in electrical and electromechanical engineering or any equivalent qualification acceptable by Management.
- Oriented towards Quality management (Health/Food and Sustainability)
- Well versed in MS Office Tools (Word / Excel / Outlook).
- Strong Leadership and organizational skills.
- Readiness to work at odd hours, including Sundays, Public Holidays, Cyclonic Days and Special Days, i.e. Christmas’ & New Year’s Eve, etc…
If you think you are the ideal candidate for this job, please fill our online application form.Fill the application form
Mode of Application
To apply, kindly send a covering letter with detailed CV, evidence of qualifications and experience and a recent passport-size photograph to:
THE HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
TROU AUX BICHES BEACHCOMBER
Royal Road, Trou aux Biches
Closing Date: 15 July 2021
Please note that only the most suitable candidates will be called for the selection exercise(s).
All other applicants are otherwise thanked.
Management reserves the right not to fill the above post following publication of this notice.